You might be a Motor head if:

Builders;

“You might be a motor head if the blast cabinet you just got required a 35hp tractor with forks to unload it”

Above, unloading my ‘new to me’ treasure at my hangar today. Its a Zero Manufacturing. (made in USA)  model, it is 48″x48″ inside. The whole front opens. The round items are counterweights for the door. Since he is probably going to see this tonight, Hey Paul, thanks for loaning me your tractor, I assumed it was OK because you left the key in it and forgot to lock your hangar door….

Feel free to use the comments section to express your own version of “You might be a Motor Head if…..

Wewjr

10 Responses to You might be a Motor head if:

1. dan-o says:

nice! the blast cabinet is cool also!

2. David says:

You might be a motor head if you understand the humor on the book “Shop Class as Soul Craft” as recommended reading by a world famous motor head.

3. Dan Branstrom says:

You might be a motorhead (and single) if your kitchen table has a sheet of plywood on it and motor parts spread on it.

4. Dan Branstrom says:

You might be a motorhead if your pantry has food in it and a case of motor oil.

5. Dan Branstrom says:

You might be a motorhead if you can tell the tire rim bolt pattern, spacing, rim and size just from looking at a car driving by. (I know someone like that – they sold and worked on tires for over 25 years).

6. Lane Seidel says:

You might be a motorhead if your closet has more “Dirt Shirts” than “Nice Shirts” in it!

You might be a motorhead if you’re 75 and you still do your own brakes, make your own 1 man brake bleeder from a plastic bottle, clear tubing, 2 zip ties and a couple well placed holes in the cap; replace your own timing belts on your foul asian v6 sohc, count belt ribs 3 times or more just to make sure you’re sure and it starts immediately (after buttoning up), have a ’98 chev venture that doesn’t use any oil between 3000 mile changes but does have 165K on the o-guage, have ever overhauled an audi quattro 5 cyl in your driveway (head change, ridge ream, hone, bearings, etc. and it starts right up with good oil pressure and drives great…..(not bragging, but proud to take responsibility for all things mechanical in my small sphere at my age…or any age) {;^) Still doesn’t make me an aviator by any means, dang it….

8. Early Builder says:

Built and ran you very own aircraft engine from a rusty dusty crappy looking 1965 Corvair core in just 368 days