JAG-2, Corvair Twin, Photos, Videos and Drawing.

Below is some further information on Jim Tomaszewski’s Corvair powered twin which took its first flight two days ago.

image1.jpeg

Above, a look at the glass cockpit and the fully detailed interior.

image4.jpeg

Above, a look at the engine controls on the console and a better look at the interior finish.

image2.jpeg

Above, the rear quarter view.

image3.jpeg

Above, A side view of the paint design to be applied after phase one testing

Videos:

Videos of taxi testing…

Video of first flight…

Jim and Ginger agreed to bring the plane to my booth at Oshkosh after it was completed and tested, so everyone will be able to see it in person next summer.  Something to further demonstrate the capability of the Corvair, and the caliber of people who are in our community of traditional homebuilders.

Because I have an odd sense of humor,  I asked Ginger to dress as Lucy VanPelt from the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip. I want to make her a replica of Lucy’s outdoor psychiatric help stand to have next to the JAG-2 on display. The banner will be amended to say “Psychiatric Help for Chronic Negativity, 5 Cents.”

Wewjr.

7 Responses to JAG-2, Corvair Twin, Photos, Videos and Drawing.

1. scott thatcher says:

Exceptional workmanship and a really good looking aircraft. Enjoyed the video except they weren’t long enough. I just can’t get enough of hearing one Corvair let alone two in harmony!

2. Jerry Pryce says:

A great looking (and sounding) project. Congratulations on completing and flying your dream! I look forward to reading about and hopefully viewing your airplane soon.

3. Byron Engle says:

EAA really needs to do a big write up with photos on this one. I spoke to him last time I was at your tent @OSH and he’s an extremely sharp & very friendly guy. I really admire him; he’s accomplished more than most people do in a lifetime.

4. Mark Weiss says:

This is what I would call a true experimental aircraft. I’m sure some of the Van’s people are sneering. I’m cheering…Go Jim and Ginger! I can’t wait to get to Oshkosh next year and see it.

5. Nick Chittenden says:

I’m not sure a big EAA write-up will be understood by all. I’ve just read ‘Amphibian Story’ and ‘The Hypocrisy Of Homebuilders’ again and for the umpteenth time. We all get the JAG – it’s a truly magnificent achievement – but then we all congregate here for a reason. The owner didn’t wave his cheque book in the air; he rolled up his sleeves and got on with the job.

Sorry about the spelling of cheque, comes of being an Englishman!

6. martin andersen says:

I wonder if you ever seen custers channel wing in the museum in reading pa

________________________________