Hangar back in action

A few photos from working in the hangar today. Compare these shots with the ones of the hangar flooded 48 hours ago.

Above the distributor machine test running an E/P-X ignition. I finished 8 of these today and took them down to SPA/Panther for 4 shipping, and the rest for stock. Notice no water on the floor.

Two part quiz; how big was the spider that was here, and what happened to him?

Above, the main hangar, without “excessive humidity “.

-ww.

9 Responses to Hangar back in action

1. Mike Schwab says:

What size shot caught the spider?

2. Dan Branstrom says:

1. Big. 2. Shotgun pellets.
    How did you know it was a “he”?

3. Joe Goldman says:

Thanks for getting the ring gear out for your front starter I finally went with.

4. parker wood says:

410 ??? Not 223
    WOODE
    Zuehl Field TEXAS

• Correct guess Woode. The spider was the biggest one I have seen in about 10 years, the stuff of 1950’s horror movies where it should have been attacking a model bus about 12″ long. Has the .223 been handy it would have been used. his body was the size of a half dollar, leg spread was about 4″. Outside I would have left him alone, but i didn’t want to work in the shop and jump out of my skin every time an extension cord or air hose brushed my leg in the next 3 months. I was speaking on the phone with Terry Hand, when I saw it. The marks are from a .410 out of a pistol at 6 or 7 feet, using number 6 shot. so you could say he died of ‘natural causes’ in my hangar. Woode, send me an email with your mailing address when you have a chance.

• Dave Hoehn says:

William, if it is spiders that make your skin crawl, don’t spend too much time in Az in the summer. Your spider would have been a small tarantula here. A big one will have a leg spread of 6″ to 8″ with a body that is 2″ to 3″ in dia. They aren’t too bad because they move slowly. There is another spider here that is 4″~5″ long that moves fast across the floor, and at first glance looks like a huge scorpion until you notice that it doesn’t have a tail and stinger. Even though I see one of these critters fairly often, and I have never seen a scorpion anywhere near that size, I still jump every time.

Hope you had your bullet proof goggles and hockey shin guards on….

6. Sten Backhans says: